Easy, cheesy bites of goodness – our molletes are a family favorite, perfect for lunch, dinner or just a snack!
- Preparation time : 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 6 people
For Pico de Gallo:
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2/3 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Pepe Comala Avocado Hot Sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the Molletes:
- 3 bolillo rolls, cut in half
- Pepe Comala Avocado Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 cup grated Mexican cheese
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Set aside and chill in refrigerator.
- While pico de gallo is cooling, heat black beans in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in Pepe Comala Avocado Hot Sauce, lime juice, cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- While beans are heating, begin mashing until desired consistency is reached. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, place 6 bolillo halves on the sheet. Spread black beans and Mexican cheese on each half. Grill over high heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and rolls are golden brown around the edges.
- Top each roll with Pepe Comala Avocado Hot Sauce and pico de gallo. Top with queso fresco cheese.